Broker Affiliates Need to Build Trust in 2023
2023 has already delivered a series of rapid shocks to the global financial system. The well-known crypto exchange FTX collapsed almost overnight, as did the prestigious Silicon Valley Bank, two other US banks, and the massive Credit Suisse. As we enter Q2 2023, there are major concerns about the robustness of the international banking system and the potential for a wider collapse as interest rates rise.
All these events were front-page news for days and received worldwide publicity. The collapse of banks and crypto exchanges can seriously erode public trust and make it harder for online brokers to attract new traders and even retain existing ones. The knock-on effects for broker affiliates are obvious, and it’s vital to build trust with potential traders from the very first engagement – be that on social media, your trading websites, or any other points of contact.
Work with Partner Programs that Promote Regulated Brokers
It’s also never been more important to only work with partner programs that represent regulated online brokers. Not only are their traders’ rights protected by the regulatory bodies, but they also deal honestly and fairly with their affiliate partners. In a year where potential online traders are concerned about the reliability of all financial institutions, you simply can’t afford to take a risk with unregulated brokers.
This blog post explains the different types of broker regulation, how to check if regulation is genuine and valid, and the risks of dealing with fly-by-night partner programs that promote unregulated online brokers. The good news is that the world’s top brokers are fully regulated, and the status of others is easily verifiable.
Despite the recent failure of four banks and a major crypto exchange, there are still plenty of opportunities to make money as a broker affiliate in 2023. You can start by familiarizing yourself with the basics of broker regulation and putting the concept at the forefront of your affiliate marketing campaigns.
Successful Broker Affiliates Depend on Regulation
There is immense competition for online traders, and regulated brokers have a fundamental long-term advantage. Broker regulation is essential for building trust and converting your affiliate site traffic into active traders. Your financial success as a broker affiliate depends on understanding regulations and making traders aware of the issues.
Your site content, including broker reviews and trading guides, needs to explain broker regulation to potential traders. You also need to emphasize the message that trading with unregulated brokers is almost invariably a shortcut to financial loss. Your route to high profits as a broker affiliate builds trust and connects traders to reliable, regulated brokers.
There are five key factors that you can capitalize on to create high-converting creatives and build successful marketing campaigns. Broker regulation is at the top of the list. Broker affiliates who actively focus on broker regulation can earn high commissions.
- Broker regulation
- Trading platforms
- Trading tools and charts
- Asset Index
- Spreads and fees
All five categories are essential and will convert traffic. As soon as you have the initial trust and engagement that broker regulation creates, you can promote the other four factors aggressively.
What Is a Regulated Broker?
A regulated broker means that the company is safe and legitimate and complies with the various criteria determined by a regulatory body or authority – criteria that ensure secure trading and good customer service. This regulatory body monitors the broker’s trading activities and operations to ensure that they are all conducted according to its rules and guidelines; it also regularly audits the broker’s activities and takes legal action (including taking away the broker’s license) if such activities do not conform to the body’s standards.
Benefits of Partnering with a Regulated Broker
- Transparency – Thanks to continuous monitoring and regular auditing by a regulatory body, regulated brokers conduct their trading operations with full transparency. There is no chance for the broker to manipulate the market to their disadvantage.
- Security – The broker’s clients’ money is completely separate from the brokerage’s funds, with no chance of the broker using your money to finance their needs. At the same time, if the broker goes out of business, you can make a claim and get some of your money back, instead of your money going to the broker’s creditors.
- Protection – Such brokers take great care to protect their market position and therefore, do not engage in fraud and practices such as price manipulation, finagling with the trading platform, or illegally withholding money from their clients.
- Precautions – These brokers continuously remind you, their clients, of get-rich-quick marketing schemes, dangerously high leverage options, and other risks to prevent you from losing your money.
- Customer support – Apart from the fact that customer service excellence attracts new clients and retains current ones, it is also a big factor in advancing the broker’s good reputation in the industry.
- Credibility – By partnering with a regulated broker, you can sit back and relax, knowing that this company is reliable, has met all the necessary benchmarks obtained a license from an authoritative body, and will adhere to all guidelines and requirements.
By partnering with a reputable and regulated broker, you can:
- Project to clients your own good reputation
- Persuade clients/referrals to stay with the brokerage for the long haul, ensuring long-term commission earnings for you
- Grow your client base, thanks to referrals from happy and satisfied clients
- Easily get referrals to sign up quickly
- Confidently rely on the affiliate payouts, which you can’t do with dishonest, fly-by-night brokerages
- Have peace of mind, knowing that the broker you are trading with is properly regulated by reputable authorities like the FCA in the UK, CFTC in the US, and others
- Be confident that your funds will be protected, should fraud or a black swan event occur and the broker stop operating
Problems and Risks with Unregulated Brokers
As one of the biggest, most liquid markets in the world, with a daily trading volume of $5 trillion, easily accessible, and opportunity-filled markets, Forex trading could either be a broker affiliate marketer’s golden goose…or viper’s nest. That’s why the critical first step when breaking into the market is choosing to partner with a regulated broker. After all, if you want to ensure the safety of your (and your clients’) investments, you’ll want a broker who conducts regular audits (and submits evidence thereof), submits their accounts on time, and adheres to the strictest criteria to remain on the regulatory body’s list of licensed brokers.
On the other hand, partnering with an unregulated broker – who doesn’t have to comply with any rules and can act in whatever way they want – is a business risk you don’t want to take. Brokers who avoid regulation to save on operational costs, limit their tax obligations, or simply want to take advantage of investors present a huge risk in terms of causing traders to:
- Suffer fraud, mistreatment, and significant financial losses
- Lose their investments if the brokerage firm goes out of business
- Run the risk of having their personal and financial information in unsafe hands
- Endure trading practices that don’t adhere to quality control standards
- Deal with unscrupulous, non-transparent brokers who are not being monitored in any way
- Suffer possible bankruptcy with no security against it
Stay Safe, Trade with Confidence
Safe trading begins with a globally regulated broker. AvaTrade has regulatory licenses across five continents and offices worldwide. It is compliant with the rules of regulatory bodies in Canada, Ireland, Japan, Australia, Abu Dhabi, and the British Virgin Islands.
Moreover, AvaTrade is accredited by the FCSA in the UK – which operates a best practice Code of Compliance designed to ensure that its Accredited Members provide services, advice, and employment to the highest level of professional and ethical standards in the UK. Thus, partnering with AvaTrade assures you of:
- Low-risk, trusted, independently vetted supply chain partners
- Demonstrably the highest compliance standards within the industry
- Complete transparency with HMRC
- Proven track record in the provision of high-quality services and support
- Access to the top industry experts and advisors
- The only compliance standard recognized and endorsed by all of the UK’s leading recruitment bodies, including REC, APSCo, and TEAM
AvaTrade has carved a reputation as an online trading leader by providing a reliable, user-oriented trading environment built on the most advanced platforms and regulated on five continents. It currently has more than 400,000 registered traders around the globe, who place over two million trades every month. As an AvaTrade customer, you can rest assured you get the choice, support, and security you need.
Achieving broker affiliate success!
This is why partnering through AvaTrade’s partner program -AvaPartner, you’ll be able to achieve forex and broker affiliate success! The golden reputation AvaTrade has as one of the most highly regulated online brokerages will only make your job as a broker affiliate so much easier and lucrative especially in the long run.
Do regulated brokers pay high affiliate commissions?
Yes, partner programs belonging to regulated brokers definitely pay high commissions to their affiliate partners. Not only can you earn high commissions, you will be working with an honest and reliable program that wants to build a lifelong partnership. Regulated brokers can also deliver commission plans that payout RevShare deals on a long-term basis. Unregulated brokers seldom retain clients for long enough to make RevShare deals or hybrid CPA deals viable. Don’t be tempted by unregulated brokers that offer what appear to be high-value CPA deals. They will usually invoke a clause in the small print to reduce the commission after an introductory period.
Do traders really care about forex broker regulation?
The kind of high-value traders that you need to attract to earn high affiliate commissions definitely care about forex broker regulation. They want to know that the broker operates under official oversight, has full liquidity and that their funds are protected. When you promote a regulated broker, your own affiliate brand earns trust and credibility by association. Forex broker regulation is one of your most powerful marketing tools as an affiliate. As more first-time traders consider entering the markets in 2023, you will need to reassure them that they are signing up with an honest broker. You can also target traders who previously had negative experiences with unregulated brokers but still want to make money from forex trading.
How do I know if forex broker regulation is genuine?
The easiest way to be sure that forex broker regulation is genuine is to contact the relevant regulatory authorities. Any reputable broker is usually keen to advertise the fact that they are regulated and will link their own site to the relevant page on the Regulator’s official website. Alternatively, you can save yourself the trouble of checking by signing up with a well-established partner program like AvaPartner. Avatrade has been in operation for over 15 years and is well-known and widely respected in the global financial industries. A reputation like that is only built through fair trading and ethical practices. Their forex broker regulation is 100% genuine and protects traders across the world.