When earning money as a forex affiliate, it’s easy to become complacent and overlook opportunities to generate forex leads and earn more commissions. Even if you constantly focus on developing your business, it’s natural to channel your energies and resources into new affiliate marketing campaigns and strategies.
Taking a little time to review your website and update and optimize it is a great way to generate more forex leads with a minimal investment of time and resources. An upgraded website will strengthen your affiliate brand and boost your earning power as a forex affiliate. This blog post will explore how to improve your most important asset and get the most out of your website.
Your Forex Affiliate Website
Your forex affiliate website should be the hub of all your affiliate marketing activities. It’s your home base, and you must regularly review and audit its performance and site features. Even the best widgets and site features rapidly become obsolete and needs to be upgraded.
- Your website needs to look good at first glance – that means great design. You need to catch the attention of casual visitors and make it easy for them to navigate the site. You’re competing for leads, which means your website has to look smarter, more exciting, and more welcoming than your competitors’ websites. If we’re approaching Christmas 2022, and the first thing a visitor sees on your homepage is a banner for a summer promotion – you have a problem.
- Once you’ve crossed the critical 5-7 second decision-making span (where most new site visitors will either hit the back browser or begin to explore the site), you need to engage more profound user interest and persuade the site visitor to click on your affiliate links.
Ideally, they’ll do this during their first visit to your website. Still, you will always need effective medium and long-term conversion funnels such as newsletters, trading tutorials, and incentives like free ebooks or membership in trading groups.
Your website is also the main point of reference for people you need to collaborate with and do business with as a forex affiliate marketer. When you want to sign up with a partner program, publish guest posts, negotiate backlinks, work with social media influencers, etc., your website goes a long way to establishing your credibility and desirability as a partner.
Check out our related blog post about creating a great financial website
Optimize Your Forex Affiliate Site for SEO
When was the last time you audited your forex affiliate site for SEO or familiarized yourself with the latest changes to the Google algorithms?
Organic SEO is often an Achilles heel for forex affiliate marketers. You can invest in excellent UX and UI design and pay a professional to create a fantastic site packed with widgets and live charts that generally has superb functionality. It will impress visitors and showcase your unique affiliate links favorably.
If the site doesn’t have plenty of (regularly updated) SEO-optimized content, your designer website won’t get top Google rankings. To generate more forex leads, you need to audit your content, optimize it for SEO, and add new high-quality content as often as possible. The goal is to add SEO content that is also high converting and can carry your affiliate links.
- Create an Excel spreadsheet containing all your site content by page (with a link to each page). You can create a simple schedule for updating content and adding new content. Ensure that all SEO content is accessible to the Google spider and isn’t hidden within your site structure. Pay attention to page structure, use of H1, H2, and H3 headings, bullet points, and the readability of texts.
- Open another tab on the spreadsheet and map your internal and external links. You need to check each link regularly and immediately fix broken links. Search engine bots react negatively to broken internal links. If your external links are broken, your competitors may be able to steal them. As with SEO content, you need to update and add links regularly.
Read our related blog post about Forex SEO secret tips
The bottom line with your website is that it’s a place where traffic clicks on your unique affiliate links and begins to make money for you. If your website could be better than you can reasonably make, you may be undermining your efforts with social media, paid advertising, and broader forex affiliate marketing campaigns.
5 Top Tips for Forex Lead Generation
1. Create a Forex Trader Email List.
If you fail to persuade a site visitor to click on your affiliate links and become a potential trader, you need to pull them into your conversion funnel. The easiest way to do this is to create an email list. Many – perhaps most – forex affiliates offer a free newsletter. It can be a great way to get someone’s contact details and open a dialogue.
The challenge of inviting sign-ups to a newsletter is that you need to overcome user fatigue on two levels. Firstly, you need a compelling incentive to persuade a site visitor to complete your short online form – use your imagination and offer something relevant and tangible. Secondly, you must convince users to open your newsletter once it arrives in their inboxes. Again, it would help if you had compelling offers, top-quality copywriting, and ideas for subject lines.
2. Send out a Welcome Email with a Genuine Incentive.
A welcome email can be a compelling hook to catch leads. You must pitch the content and tone of voice to your site traffic. You’d have a strong advantage if you used a simple tick-box questionnaire when you invited people to sign up for the newsletter. You can screen your leads with options like:
- I want to make money online.
- I want to learn more about online trading
- I am interested in stocks and ETFs
It’s essential to send the welcome email promptly. It would be best if you made contact while your website remains fresh in the lead’s mind and their initial interest remains.
3. Offer a Free Incentive
Use your welcome email to establish a rapport and to offer something genuinely useful, e.g., a free trading tutorial, a 1-on-1 Zoom consultation, a selection of broker reviews, etc. Keep it short and make it look attractive. If you need a significant volume of leads to deal with, try to personalize each email. Consider steering the information into a phone call or Whatsapp chat.
4. Update Your Call To Action Buttons
A call to action or CTA button is an essential web page feature, but it’s surprising how many forex affiliate marketers need to pay attention to them. The moment a site visitor clicks on a CTA button, they are deeper into your conversion funnel and closer to clicking on all important affiliate links.
Review your website, add CTAs where they are missing, and consider updating existing ones with tailored copy, new color schemes, and new designs. CTA buttons are important, so it’s worth considering your branding and doing some A/B testing. Check the functionality of your CTAs whenever you check your site links and pay attention to the quality of the CTA destination, e.g., the landing page, online form, or free educational incentive.
5. Include Powerful Lead Magnets
It would help if you stood out when competing with other forex affiliates for leads. A strong lead magnet will pull traffic to your site and away from competitors. Lead magnets are handy if you draw leads away from social media platforms and onto your website. They can also be a high-converting component of paid advertising.
The best lead magnets are exciting and beneficial – but not too good to be true. You can attract site traffic with bogus or pointless offers, but you need high-value leads who will click on your affiliate links and become live forex traders. Think carefully about what you can offer and how you can use your lead magnets to connect with genuine leads and not with timewasters.
Effective lead magnets may include access to free trading webinars hosted by a financial expert, admittance to closed trader groups, online communities, or social trading, or password-protected trading tutorials and ebooks. These types of lead magnets are more likely to attract people who are serious about online trading.
Maintaining and improving your website is a routine activity that can quickly generate more forex leads and boost your revenues as a forex affiliate. Instead of looking at it as a chore, see it as earning money and investing in your brand as a forex affiliate marketer.
A top-quality partner program will be happy to help you improve your website with free, high-converting marketing materials. Even if you’re operating on a budget, you can still get great banners, landing pages, and other content for your website!