If your goal is to make money as a Forex affiliate, read on for a simple 7-Step Guide to the lucrative world of affiliate marketing. It’s easy to get started, and if you follow the basic rules, you’ll be able to earn your first commissions within just days and will be firmly on the path to financial independence.
Before you follow the 7-Step Guide, it’s worth getting a quick overview of the current situation in the world’s financial markets and the mood among online forex traders and brokers. 2023 is an interesting and unusual year for the markets. The current financial climate is creating some exciting trading opportunities but also some valid concerns.
Forex affiliates who can identify and address these concerns in their marketing campaigns will be a big step ahead of the competition. If your goal is a six-figure income by the end of the year – and it should be – you need to have your finger on the economic pulse. We’ve broken down the key financial issues that are already defining trader sentiment in Q2 of 2023 and into the summer.
The possibility of a global banking crisis
The collapse of three US banks including SVB and Credit Suisse in March 2023 shook the banking industry and worried national governments. So far, the worst predictions of a general banking collapse haven’t played out. Be aware of the situation and use it to create content and generate online discussion.
- Inflation and rumors of recession
Part of the COVID-19 and lockdown legacy is high inflation. Central banks have been raising interest rates. The Fed, in particular, has been ruthless about rate increases, pushing them as high as the economy can bear. The rising cost of living will make online forex trading an interesting option for a lot of people.
- War in Ukraine and related instability
The war in Ukraine contributed to a steep rise in commodity prices and generated major concerns about food supplies. The situation is highly unstable, and any escalation of the conflict could send the markets haywire. It’s worth studying how wars and crises influence gold prices. Gold is an amazing asset for affiliate marketing campaigns.
- Global Energy Prices and Supplies
Energy prices rose substantially in the US, which is now dangerously dependent on imported crude oil. The UK and EU experienced similar price hikes and surging heating and transport costs. OPEC can’t be depended on to accommodate the West and will set its own production figures. You can build campaigns around oil and natural gas.
Get Started as a Forex Affiliate
As one of the largest and most liquid financial markets today, the forex and CFD markets present traders and investors with amazing profit potential and opportunities. One way to generate considerable earnings without actually placing trades, whether as a primary or secondary income stream, is by becoming a forex affiliate marketer. This means you act as the link between people interested in trading forex or CFDs and an online broker whom you promote through your website or various marketing campaigns. If the person you referred to the broker signs up AND places a trade, you get a commission which comes in various payment structures.
Sounds simple, right? Yet, it isn’t. You do have to invest significant time and effort in generating traffic to your website, placing your forex affiliate links in the right places to catch the attention of potential leads and maximize conversion of those leads. You do have to do some research to make sure you partner with the right Forex affiliate program right from the start. And you do have to implement effective forex affiliate marketing strategies and best practices throughout all your marketing campaigns.
Overwhelmed yet? Don’t be, because in this article, we’ll take you step by step through the process of becoming a successful and high-earning Forex affiliate marketer:
Step 1 – Partner with a reputable and regulated online brokerage
Be sure to take this first and most critical step if you don’t want all the time, energy, and investment you put into your affiliate marketing effort to go to waste.
You don’t want your potential referrals to be skeptical and hesitate to leave their hard-earned money with some obscure brokerage that’s neither regulated nor reputable. Instead, find an affiliate program run by an established brokerage – and regulated worldwide – that you can trust to be transparent with your referrals’ money, to be honest with what they owe you in commissions, and to offer the best trading possibilities.
Step 2 – Become an expert in your niche
Have you already set up a visually pleasing, easy-to-navigate website? Have you created high-quality, SEO-rich content on topics your audiences are interested in, or on solutions to problems they want resolved? Regularly publishing such content on your site or social media channels keeps your audience engaged, increases your visibility, and improves your SEO, resulting in driving more traffic to your site or content. Guest posting is a way for you to build authority in your niche by providing valuable content on somebody else’s high-domain authority website. Additionally, writing and posting comparison reviews on your site about forex/CFD-related products and platforms attracts new audiences, and makes promoting your broker-partner to potential referrals an easier job. All of these can help position you as an expert in your niche and will help you project authority in the Forex and CFD niche. Once you achieve authority and are viewed as an expert people will listen to your advice and recommendations of which brokerage is best to use for all their trades.
Step 3 – Open a direct line of communication to your audience
As you know, personalized emails are a proven approach to acquiring profitable leads and achieving higher conversion rates. Now is the time to build a mailing list that will serve you well in later marketing efforts. Collect email addresses via an embedded pop-up subscription form on your site or via landing pages on high-quality content that enables you to collect readers’ contact details required for them to access or download the material.
Step 4 – Promote your partner-broker – and start generating earnings
Once you sign up with your chosen forex or broker affiliate program, it’s time to start maximizing the exposure of your partner-broker by embedding their unique referral link in any article, blog post, review, guest post, or any content used on social media. The goal is to gain greater exposure – so be smart, not shy or pushy. Additionally, you can go the extra mile by creating a clear, engaging, and industry-compliant email promoting the advantages of trading with your partner broker and sending it to your email list (see Step 3). Remember to include the referral link in the email. Last but not least, show real commitment by further promoting your referral link and investing in PPC advertising on Google or Facebook – channels that allow you to effectively target your campaign at reasonable costs.
Step 5 – Get those conversions!
Implement the best forex affiliate marketing strategies and best practices to reach your financial goals, including:
- Keyword research – This is how you’ll find those all-important SEO-boosting keywords to feature in your blogs, articles, social media posts, guest posts, and PPC campaign ads. Look for free tools such as Uber Suggest, and paid tools such as SEMRUSH, to help you conduct comprehensive SEO and keyword research.
- Creating buyer persona templates – Knowing who exactly you want to target, and what exactly their key challenges and pain points are, will help you craft superb content that offers the solutions your audience needs and wants. Speaking of solutions, that would be the trading affiliate program links or forex affiliate links you are trying to promote.
- Offering value – Offering information – resources, trading news, trading ideas – will help traders and investors notice your profile and posts and also get others to share them. You’ll be able to better engage with your audience and get people to want to follow you. Once people listen to what you have to say, they will also be more willing to accept your advice and more likely to click on your forex and broker affiliate links.
- Creating the perfect Call-to-Action – CTAs basically influence your readers to ACT, as in “click here to get started”! The key is to provide your readers or potential referrals with an irresistible reason to WANT your solution and therefore want to click on your CTA NOW rather than later.
Step 6 – Increase your affiliate commissions
There are four ways to reap the full benefits of your forex affiliate marketing efforts:
- Focus on the marketing strategy you’ve selected until you reach the desired results
- Leverage your partner broker’s resources, including marketing materials. Great brokers offer a wealth of educational tools such as– tutorials, eBooks, videos, and learning centers – all with content that you could repurpose for your marketing efforts.
- Marketing promotional material- Brokerages that care about their Forex affiliate’s success offer beautiful and engaging landing pages, banners, mailers, widgets, and more that help your conversion rates!
Take advantage of them!
Step 7 – Collect your rewards With AvaPartner!
So you have performed all the necessary steps above. Best of all, you’ve chosen a reputable partner-broker such as AvaPartner who also offers flexibility in commission plans, as well as advanced trading platforms that provide a fully transparent picture of how many referrals you have, how many trades were transacted and your amount of corresponding commissions. It’s all about partnering with a brokerage that will help you with all your marketing efforts and affiliate help. Then you can sit back as you await your much-deserved commissions.