Effective affiliate links are a vital tool for driving traffic. They are a fundamental part of any online business enterprise. Forex is a niche market, but the basic principles of seeding the net with quality links still apply. It’s one of those areas of marketing where, if you work intelligently and systematically, the final financial results can justify any time, effort or funds that you invest. We’ll take a look at the best places to post affiliate links in this blog post.
Best Places to Post Affiliate Links: Social Media
If you’re running your own business promoting a forex partner program like AvaPartner, your best starting point for affiliate links is probably social media. You don’t need specialized skills like content writing, graphic design, or technical knowledge to build a strong presence across several social media channels. Even if you’re not a fan of social media in your private life, you can quickly learn to use it as a free marketing tool.
Building and maintaining credible social media profiles takes time. You have to view your social media activity as an ongoing project and systematically engage with other users. It’s easy to become absorbed in social media, and it can quickly eat into your working day. Maintaining and updating accounts on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Linkedin, YouTube, Pinterest, and Reddit can be time-consuming, particularly if you have a high level of engagement with your target audience.
5 Keys to posting affiliate links on social media
1. Approach social media systematically think in terms of campaigns, i.e. budgets, analysis and optimization. Never approach social media on an ad hoc or impulsive basis; it’s a marketing strategy that requires sustained effort.
2. Be self-disciplined and manage your time effectively. Set aside a time each day for social media and learn to work efficiently within that time allowance. Plan and coordinate your posts so that you engage across all channels efficiently.
3. Focus on high-quality posts. You can seed all the social media channels with links, but if you want to drive good traffic, you need a finger on the financial pulse and engaging, relevant, and compelling posts. You must understand your audience.
4. Credibility is essential: Invest in your profile and create an authoritative voice as a trader and forex expert. It would help if you built trust with your target audience, and your online persona should be powerful enough to influence potential traders.
5. Use your social media accounts for ‘social listening’. Whenever you access any social channel, pay attention to the buzz. What are people talking about, what new keywords are you hearing? If you listen, you’ll find marketing opportunities.
Best Places to Post Affiliate Links: Blogs and Quora
If you enjoy writing about forex and the financial markets, you should already be running a blog as part of your affiliate marketing strategy. If you’re not a writer or don’t have the time to write, find a reliable content writer. Your blog posts, guest posts on other sites and high-quality posts on Quora are some of the best places to post affiliate links. The other advantage is that (well written) blog posts can bring you additional SEO value and enhance your credibility as a financial commentator and forex expert.
The initial advantage of blogs is that you can set one up for free, and you don’t need a great deal of technical knowledge or aptitude. If you want a more professional blog, you may need to find a WordPress expert or a graphic designer to help out. Even if you plan to hire content writers, it’s worth taking the time to learn the basics of how to write an optimized post. You need to understand how to use keywords and present a post to be reader-friendly (both to your readers and Google). Effective SEO and SERP rankings are vital.
Forex affiliates often overlook guest posts. There is a misconception that you don’t have editorial control and can’t choose where to post affiliate links. Many sites and blogs are keen to get free content and understand the needs of guest contributors. You may receive more latitude than you expected. If you’re contributing guest posts, one of the best places to post affiliate links is in your bio. Even if the host does impose limits on links, guest posts can have great SEO value. They will also enhance your credibility and provide good brand exposure.
Quora doesn’t allow you to post affiliate links when you engage with its estimated 100 million users. This isn’t an obstacle – it’s an opportunity. If you provide concise and authoritative answers to forex, trading, and investing questions, you can put links to relevant sources and further information. These links will take readers straight to your site, blog or other online resources. From there, it’s a short user journey to an affiliate link. Quora is also a valuable social listening tool and can provide excellent inspiration for your content.
Don’t listen to anyone who tells you that email marketing is outdated. It has enormous potential and is still valued by top-quality partner programs. Another misconception is that email marketing is just spam and isn’t worth the effort. If you understand email marketing and have the patience to craft concise and persuasive messages with solid calls to action, emails allow you to communicate directly with potential leads. It’s essential to select an email marketing tool to use quickly and create relevant email lists. It would be best if you also understood any applicable email marketing laws. As a rule of thumb, your email content and message should focus on positives like; value, interest, service and other advantages that you can provide – don’t begin with a hard-sell approach.