Is one broker the same as the other?
Not when it comes to your broker affiliate partnership’s success! Sure, there are many qualities to consider when selecting which online broker to partner with – historical performance, commission rates, trading platforms, marketing tools, etc. But towering above all this is a broker you can trust with your hard-earned money. Whether you’re an affiliate marketer or introducing broker, your success – as well as your trading experience – depends on the reputation of the online brokerage that stands behind your partnership. That reputation starts with the broker being “regulated.”
What Is a Regulated Broker?
A regulated broker means that the company is safe and legitimate who complies with the various criteria determined by a regulatory body or authority – criteria that ensure secure trading and good customer service. This regulatory body monitors the broker’s trading activities and operations to ensure that they are all conducted according to its rules and guidelines; it also regularly audits the broker’s activities and takes legal action (including taking away the broker’s license) if such activities do not conform to the body’s standards.
Benefits of Partnering with a Regulated Broker
The regulated broker offers transparency – Thanks to continuous monitoring and regular auditing by a regulatory body, regulated brokers conduct their trading operations with full transparency. There is no chance for the broker to manipulate the market to their disadvantage.
The regulated broker offers security – The broker’s clients’ money is completely separate from the brokerage’s funds, with no chance of the broker using your money to finance their needs. At the same time, if the broker goes out of business, you can make a claim and get some of your money back, instead of your money going to the broker’s creditors.
The regulated broker offers fraud protection – Such brokers take great care to protect their market position and therefore, do not engage in fraud and practices such as price manipulation, finagling with the trading platform, or illegally withholding money from their clients.
The regulated broker offers risk precautions – These brokers continuously remind you, their clients, of get-rich-quick marketing schemes, dangerously high leverage options, and other risks to prevent you from losing your money.
The regulated broker offers quality customer support – Apart from the fact that customer service excellence attracts new clients and retains current ones, it is also a big factor in advancing the broker’s good reputation in the industry.
The regulated broker offers credibility – By partnering with a regulated broker, you can sit back and relax, knowing that this company is reliable, has met all the necessary benchmarks and obtained a license from an authoritative body, and will adhere to all guidelines and requirements.
By partnering with a reputable and regulated broker, you can:
- Project to clients your own good reputation
- Persuade clients/referrals to stay with the brokerage for the long haul, ensuring long-term commission earnings for you
- Grow your client base, thanks to referrals from happy and satisfied clients
- Easily get referrals to sign up quickly
- Confidently rely on the affiliate payouts, which you can’t do with dishonest, fly-by-night brokerages
- Have peace of mind, knowing that the broker you are trading with is properly regulated by a reputable authorities like the FCA in the UK, CFTC in the US, and others
- Be confident that your funds will be protected, should fraud or a black swan event occur and the broker stops operating
Problems and Risks with Unregulated Brokers
As one of the biggest, most liquid markets in the world, with daily trading volume of $5 trillion, easily accessible, and opportunity-filled markets, Forex trading could either be a broker affiliate marketer’s golden goose…or viper’s nest. That’s why the critical first step when breaking into the market is choosing to partner with a regulated broker. After all, if you want to ensure the safety of your (and your clients’) investments, you’ll want a broker who conducts regular audits (and submits evidence thereof), submits their accounts on time, and adheres to the strictest criteria to remain on the regulatory body’s list of licensed brokers.
On the other hand, partnering with an unregulated broker – who doesn’t have to comply with any rules and can act in whatever way they want – is a business risk you don’t want to take. Brokers who avoid regulation to save on operational costs, limit their tax obligations, or who simply want to take advantage of investors present a huge risk in terms of causing traders to:
- Suffer fraud, mistreatment, and significant financial losses
- Lose their investments if the brokerage firm goes out of business
- Run the risk of having their personal and financial information in unsafe hands
- Endure trading practices that don’t adhere to quality control standards
- Deal with unscrupulous, non-transparent brokers who are not being monitored in any way
- Suffer possible bankruptcy with no security against it
Stay Safe, Trade with Confidence
Safe trading begins with a globally regulated broker. AvaTrade has regulatory licenses across five continents and offices worldwide. It is compliant with the rules of regulatory bodies in Canada, Ireland, Japan, Australia, Abu Dhabi, and the British Virgin Islands.
Moreover, AvaTrade is accredited by the FCSA in the UK – which operates a best practice Codes of Compliance designed to ensure that its Accredited Members provide services, advice and employment to the highest level of professional and ethical standards in the UK. Thus, partnering with AvaTrade assures you of:
- Low risk, trusted, independently vetted supply chain partners
- Demonstrably the highest compliance standards within the industry
- Complete transparency with HMRC
- Proven track record in the provision of high-quality services and support
- Access to the top industry experts and advisors
- The only compliance standard recognized and endorsed by all of UK’s leading recruitment bodies, including REC, APSCo and TEAM
AvaTrade has carved a reputation as an online trading leader by providing a reliable, user-oriented trading environment built on the most advanced platforms and regulated on five continents. It currently has more than 300,000 registered traders around the globe, who place over two million trades every month. As an AvaTrade customer, you can rest assured you get the choice, support and security you need.
Achieving broker affiliate success!
This is why partnering through AvaTrade’s partner program -AvaPartner, you’ll be able to achieve forex and broker affiliate success! The golden reputation AvaTrade has as one of the most highly regulated online brokerages will only make your job as a broker affiliate so much easier and lucrative especially in the long run.